Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Pale & Interesting

Today's blog post will be part beauty, part lifestyle. Thought I'd mix it up a bit!

Now, I have struggled with finding make-up that won't make me look like an Oompa Loompa since I started wearing it a couple of years ago. I (my mum) ended up having to buy £30 Dior Nude in the lightest shade possible. All of the drugstore foundations are just slightly to dark for my skin tone and it annoys me an incredible amount. Although I can get away with Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in summer when I get a bit more colour in my face, it still needs to be in the lightest shade.
Ivory, porcelain and very light. All. I. Ever. Have. To. Look. For. 

Of course I don't mind my pale skin, in fact I love it. I don't use fake tan and I don't sit and sunbathe for hours trying to tan, I just stay with my own skin. I don't tan anyway, ever, I just burn. I always hear people saying "oh I'm too pale, I need a fake tan.,. How do you deal with being so pale?". I don't 'deal' with it, I just live with it. Where does it come from? My parents: Irish/Scottish mum and Welsh dad creates a Celtic stereotype. I have very pale skin and dark hair (FACT).

I guess I just wanted to say that it's ok to be pale and you don't have to feel pressurised into using orange fake tan or sitting outside and damaging your skin. Research says that you are meant to reach 16 years old without having any tan lines to reduce the risk of skin cancer. Beauty is not about what colour your skin is whether beautifully pale or beautifully dark, it is about the confidence you have to work it and what you are like on the inside. Incredibly cliché, but there you go. 

And also, just a wee (my Scottish roots coming through there) reminder to look after your skin. You should be wearing sun cream or SPF everyday to protect it whether you tan quickly or burn quickly. With 32 degree Celsius weather in England tomorrow,  it would be a good idea.

Keep peachy (and sun-safe)

Girl With A Blog

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment